The Queensland Productivity Commission manages personal information in line with the Information Privacy Act 2009.
We collect and manage your personal information as described on this page, unless stated otherwise. ‘Personal information’ may include your name, address, phone number, email address, age, your employer, and your position title.
Information we may request
We may ask you to provide personal information through this site. We will only do this:
- if the individual has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose, such as the investigation of a privacy complaint
Use and disclosure of personal information
We will not add you to a mailing list or give your personal information to third parties without your consent, unless required by law.
In some instances, we may use personal information, such as contact details that the Commission has obtained from another government agency, to contact members of the public to participate in inquiries, studies or related activity.
We do not give personal information about an individual to other government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else, unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Our privacy principles apply to emails as well.
Our internet service provider or information technology staff may monitor email traffic for system trouble shooting and maintenance purposes only
We use this data to analyse the pages that are visited, to improve your experience and make sure our website is useful.
You can read more about how Google uses data. You can choose not to allow Google to collect your information by opting out of Google Analytics or specifically opt out of Google Analytics display advertiser features.
Parts of this site transmit information securely across the internet. However this is not always feasible. We recognise that there may be risks transmitting information across the internet. We will notify you where personal information is not transmitted securely.
Where this site contains links to other Queensland Government agencies’ websites, the privacy or security terms set out there will apply to the material on the websites.
Where this site contains links to non-Queensland Government websites, the Queensland Government is not responsible for the privacy or security practices or the content of any such websites.